France and Turkey
Step into the world of ancient and modern history. Pay your respects at the commemorative sites and battlefields. Remember the fallen and learn more of the Australian and New Zealand commitment on the Western Front and Gallipoli on this 14 day tour.
- Enjoy an orientation tour of Paris landmarks.
- A welcome cruise on the Seine River and dinner at a local French restaurant.
- Tour the Louvre and the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris.
- See the amazing views of Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- Walk the Champs Elysée and climb the Arc de Triomphe.
- Guided tour of sites such as Lochnagar Mine Crater, Pozieres, 1st Division Memorial and the Windmill, Mouquet Farm, Thiepval Memorial and the Newfoundland Memorial Park.
- Tour the Australian National Memorial and the Sir John Monash Centre at Villers-Bretonneux and the Victoria School.
- Visit Adelaide Cemetery, Australian 3rd Division Memorial at Sailly-le-Sec and the battlefield at Dernancourt.
- Lecture with Professional Historian.
- Fly to Istanbul and then Izmar and drive to Kusadasi for some coastal sightseeing and shopping.
- Guided tour of the columns and ruins of Troy and the Temple of Artemis.
- Be in awe of the incredible sites of Ephesus Ancient City to explore the Agora, Odeon, Celsius Library, Hadrian Temple, Roman Baths, Grand Theatre & Marble Street and the House of Virgin Mary.
- On our way to Gallipoli, we stop at the ancient ruins of Bergama (ancient Turkey and Pergamon) and Canakkale, where we tour the township and experience the culture.
- Take the passage of the Dardanelles to Gallipoli.
- Visit the WWI battlefields, the birthplace of the Anzac legend.
- Explore Anzac Cove, North Beach, Shrapnel Gully, Lone Pine, The Nek, Quinn’s Post, Chunuk Bair and many more.
- Guided tour of the cemeteries and graves of some legendary Anzacs including John Simpson, the ‘man with the donkey’.
- Anzac Day! Overnight is spent at Anzac Cove and we watch the sun rise to the strains of the Last Post. A moving ceremony followed by the trek up to Second Ridge to Lone Pine for the Australian service. You will be blown away!
- Formerly known as Constantinople, Istanbul is a treasure trove of cultural resources.
- Walking tour of 15th century Topkapi Palace, the famous Blue Mosque and barter your way around the maze of shops in the Grand Bazaar.